Canadian Geographic, with the help of The Royal Canadian Geographical Society, has published their 2015 top 100 of the nation's top modern-day trailblazers >> View list
Here are a few acknowledgements of our own:
Taking modern Canadian exploration to the next level
- Will Gadd: World's first climb of Niagara's Horseshoe Falls ice wall.
- Adam Shoalts: Canoeist 'changing the map' of Canada after discovering a series of waterfalls in Ontario.
- Dana Meise: Hiked 16,500km across the Trans Canada Trail.
As seen on (Canadian) TV
- Rick Mercer: Rick Mercer's Report is a comedy series with satirical (often political) editorials, visiting interesting places across Canada.
- David Suzuki: The Nature of Things was one of the world's first mainstream programs to present scientific evidence on a number of environmental issues.
- Les Stroud: Survivorman is about one man, alone in the wilderness. No food, no shelter, no fresh water, no tools...no camera crew.
- Margaret Artwood: Survival
- Richard Wagamese: Medicine Walk
- Robin Esrock: The Great Canadian Bucket List
There is an endless list of outdoor enthusiasts around the country. We've only included a few here but if you have suggestions of inspiring people that should be added to this list, let us know at email@example.com